Friday, September 12, 2008

I don't know what you take me for

I love rainy days. LOVE. I love fall. Let's face it, I'm morose. I'm the queen of sad bastard music. I thought. I tried to make 3 different mixes. At first, songs for rainy days. Fail. Ooh, nostalgia? Nope. Um...ska? Are you serious? So I decided that I'd make a top 5 list. Top 5 songs of my top 5 favorite artists. One problem. I'd really like ya'll to be able to get your hands on these songs easily. So Cory Branan only has 2 released albums. Not counting the 2 live shows I have of Cory and Ben Nichols, I have 32 songs that I did some pretty unsavory things to get. Ok, not really...but it makes a better story. My top 5 is very fluid anyway, so I inserted Sage Francis. I love Sage. I have his lyrics tattooed on my arm. That's love. Of course, I also have a Lucero album/song name on my ribs and my wrists were inspired by Cory Branan...the point is...the only actual lyrics I have are Sage...so it's not like he wouldn't make my top 5. Basically these are the artists I never get sick of. I'm never not in the mood for these songs. This is my audiobiography. Anyway...enjoy.

Alkaline Trio - Goodbye Forever
Alkaline Trio - Southern Rock
Alkaline Trio - Exploding Boy
Alkaline Trio - Cringe
Alkaline Trio - Nose Over Tail
Bad Religion - Them And Us
Bad Religion - You
Bad Religion - Marked
Bad Religion - American Jesus
Bad Religion - Let Them Eat War
Brand New - Okay I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't
Brand New - Jesus Christ
Brand New - (Fork and Knife)
Brand New - The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot
Brand New - Seventy Times 7
Lucero - Nobody's Darlings
Lucero - Hold Me Close
Lucero - Nights Like These
Lucero - Coming Home (Acoustic Version)
Lucero - She Wakes When She Dreams
Sage Francis - The Cure (chorus is above my left elbow)
Sage Francis - Slow Down Ghandhi
Sage Francis - Makeshift Patriot
Sage Francis - Keep Moving
Sage Francis - High Step

No comments: